Friday, March 14, 2008

In Dream: Leave Everything Else Behind

Last night I dreamed my neighbor gave me two Sea-Doos. The intent was I could sell them for money. They were magnificent and in truth, one was a small boat. My neighbor is in her 90s and though sharper than most people's wit, she doesn't have Sea-Doos. I bet she has ridden on one to two. In the dream, I contemplated keeping the crafts and then talked myself out of it. Though fun, I only have fun rarely. The money was the correct choice.

I love water and watercraft but I've never planned to own Sea-Doos. I would choose to dream of being in a garden or a rain forest or meet an enchanting person.

As a child, I had the dream of dreams. It was the feeling that magnified its success. I woke euphoric. It was a library. The volumes were shades of pink, mostly hot pink like a Barbie library. It was tall like a library in Beauty and the Beast. I marveled.

My dad would have a recurring nightmare of a horse scratching him. Just lifting its hoof and reaching out to scratch him. For nightmare, I had shoreline scariness of water and sinking and sand. When I am stressed, I dream I'm falling. I hardly ever remember dreams. And, when I do, they are not normally important to my waking life.

I know the Lord speaks to people in dreams in scripture. I love that and have always wanted to experience it. Speaking to them in story or even in detail. I still wait. But, I do remember on my mission I had a dream that led to a visit of a family in the branch congregation. The husband told us later it saved them. We had no idea what was going on, but a small visit by two missionaries led them to make a right choice that kept their family together. I find a lot of spiritual experiences I have are for other people. For the most part, when I pray for others. But don't worry, both parties benefit from heaven's benevolence.

5 comments:

Krustee said...

You make wise decisions...even in your dreams! I once dreamed the exact date that Laura was accepted to BYU. She had received no such notification but eventually got through to someone that confirmed she had been accepted and on the very date I told her no less. For years after that she came to me seeking inspiration for her life. Of course, I've never had any thing of the like since. I always hope I will receognize if I have a dream that should mean something or spur me to action.

apple slice said...

Good Dollie. I'm sure she would come to you anyway . . . Ho ho. That is really something. I love a correct dream.

Amanda said...

I dreamed my dad gave me a blessing as an adult, and renamed me Fecture T. Mice. It is still my favorite dream to recount.
My recurring nightmare has to do with the realization that I have not attended a high school or college class for months. I struggle to find the class and worry about how to show my face after so much time. I also get stressed searching for my locker and can never find it or remember the combination. I dream a version of this every couple of weeks. What could it mean?
Terry

apple slice said...

Fecture! I remember you. This is too delicious. The locker craze is worrisome. There is nothing like the feeling of stress in high school. I think it is just that. An impressionable time of stress manifesting itself in present day. At least, that is my non-professional take on it. :)

rachel with redshoes on said...

I have a reoccuring nightmare of loosing my teeth. Sometimes they crumble out, sometimes they fracture apart, and sometimes they just get loose and I can't resist the urge to tease them with my tongue, and they eventually loosen so much that they fall out. OH, I hate those dreams. I do think it is funny what our brain can come up with for dreams...really? Sea Doos? I can't imagine ever wanting to waste a dream on them. Your preferences are better.