Saturday, November 15, 2008

Visible Ink

Because I am feeling petulant, I will demonstrate fastidious behavior. This is my favorite pen.

It is called Pilot VBall Liquid Ink Roller. Clearly, I prefer red. It is shapely. The barrel is a tube of blood-like liquid. It is beyond lovely. I am also happy because I believed this model to be terminated and it's not. A model like Pilot Precise V5/7 Rolling Ball had come on the scene.

It is carried by major stores. I came across the VBall this week at Hillcrest Stationers. Stores like Office Depot or Staples discontinued stocking it, thus my assumption it is not available. You can't believe everything you read. I can now buy as many as I want online plus shipping. What a future.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I too have a new love with a writing utensil. I am partial to writing with "Sharpie ultra fine point", but I don't like how it bleeds through paper. I have been seeing ads for the new "Sharpie pen" that is a little different, in that it doesn't bleed. I saw some the otherday at the store, and splurged, and I AM IN LOVE!! I showed everyone at work that cares, they are in love, and I showed the lady that orders our supplies and she bought some with a certificate she had...I sure hope this catches on and we use them at work...if not, I think I will be buying my own office supplies. It is amazing how a perfect writing pen can make the work day just great!

rachel with redshoes on said...

Oh, yes!! I too have loved the Pilot VBall Liquid Ink Roller. It is a great pen. You make me want to use it again. My favorite pen currently is the uni-ball Signo RT Gel pen. It comes in a multi-pack with 1 red, 1 blue, and 2 black. I favor the red as well. It is the micro tip with a 0.38 point. It is so fine, I can write in my microscopic script. It too seemed to have been discontinued, not many shops carry the 0.38 size, but I found it again. It is such a luxury to have such fine writing utensils.

Krustee said...

there is nothing like a fine pen. I was using a black one of those for a while till Kevin discovered it and informed me it belonged to Pfizer and he took it back to work...

apple slice said...

You have all made me want to grab a pen and scrall. T, a non-bleeding sharpie is a coup! R, I will look for your uniball. It is my second favorite brand of pen. K, I clomb onto pens at work as well. In fact, I go in search of them if "someone" has absconded with it and get it back. Lovely.