Sunday, June 21, 2009

Chocolate in Doses


I make it a habit of copying pages from a magazine I like, rather than tearing out the pages. Certainly not everyone does this. If it's recipes I'm after, often they are online. Like this one. I tore out the page anyway. They are really chocolatey, and predominantly chocolate chips. I love the walnuts since I often need a foil for my chocolate. The first day, they were too rich for me; the second day I could take it. Then, they were gone thanks to a pile of gift bags. I must caution you against being a reducer, reuser, recycler with your parchment for this. Crumbs stick to the parchment producing a tiny burn on the bottom of the next batches. Regardless . . . .

4 comments:

Brian said...

What a fine chocolate cookie you have made. It looks like the recipients of the gift bags will be in for a treat.

My favorite cookies (in order) are:

1. Shortbread
2. Oatmeal Raisin
3. Mixed cookie bag
4. Gingerbread

A bag of small mixed cookies makes a fun cookie presentation. And so does a small box of biscuit-style shortbread. Both speak to me.

apple slice said...

A mixed bag is a true gift. Someone has spent time making who knows how many different cookies. Do you prefer a shape of shortbread? For roll-outs, I really enjoy a rectangle or a square. I also like the crinkle edged circles. I will make you some oatmeal raisin cookies next week. I have a good recipe.

Brian said...

I enjoy square shortbread mostly. There are also some fancy shortbread molds which can make a shortbread with intricate patterns, stamped as precut pieces. That is also nice.

apple slice said...

A shortbread cookie can be beautiful. I like it if there are not a lot of them. Rare is convincing.