Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Vintage Postcard



Cruising the old neighborhood streets of Glendale, you will most likely happen upon citrus trees dropping their liquid jewels.



Chances were also good for me that Amy would appear gem-like and pose in front of a preferred High Street.



We sheltered from the rain in her salon where I sewed a square of grandmother's flower garden and she discussed vampires with Kiki, her stylist. We visited the new Henry's and wove around Ikea. I bought only muted tones. In Pasadena, we weighed the cost of orange no-crack handcream and a tissue cashmere scarf. She perused salt cellars. I did not buy shelves for my spices. We acquired coconut products at The Body Shop. Peanut butter M&Ms spilled on the wet pavement. I did not lose the case for my phone. I came home with The Reliable Wife, a book Amy devoured in 1.5 days. My kiki was not found wanting. She grilled. A day and a half in the life.

2 comments:

aimskidoodles said...

Poetic. Lovely. The beautiful descriptive just as wonderous as the authors' fair face and silken, lemon colored strands. Love. Ahhh....

apple slice said...

Don't you love your image? I put the "vintage" effect on in iphoto. Fun!