Monday, September 20, 2010

The Menu


I love those occasions that call for a menu. Like a dinner party, a weekend of guests, a restaurant. For a dinner party, I create a printed menu to place by the table setting of each guest. My menus are less ornate, more simple as I progress through life. When I learned Jeff and James would come for a long weekend, the first thing I did was jot down menu ideas. To me, the menu is anticipation at its best. The meals leaned toward the crock-pot and Mexican. Few complained. Friday night was slow-stewed chicken for tacos. Sunday morning was coconut french toast and for after church a pot of slow-cooked bbq beef for buns accompanied by vinegar potatoes and green salad with bleu cheese and mushrooms. As the dryer and the dishwasher hum, I sit here full of brunch from
The real image was not taken: four empty plates. Something I've never seen at this establishment. We fell upon the manhole sized chocolate chip pancake, a bacon, avocado, and pepper jack omelette, and dark horse winning breakfast burrito. The small pot of salsa was empty. Did I mention the plates were empty? We will not eat again, but I pen some more menus.

6 comments:

The Patriot Doctrine Papers said...

I love your blog as much as I love you.....Thats alot btw

The Patriot Doctrine Papers said...

I did figure out how to leave a comment if you did not notice. I dont know maybe you didnt notice so im not saying anything to offend.

The Patriot Doctrine Papers said...

HEHE you're so fun to tease

apple slice said...

i love how people laugh in print. i ho ho or hee hee. jeffy hehes. some ha ha. j, yes, boy did you leave a comment. :) i'll write about you more often. :)

rachel with redshoes on said...

I prefer the hahahahahahaha, showing my abundant laugh. I always notice your hohoho, which I can completely visualize. I do not care for the LOL, I prefer the writen out versions of laughter.

Ahhh, Karen, your printed menus are always an inspiration to me. I love the idea, but rarely do it. I need to change my ways. Indeed deciding on a menu is one of the joys of life.

aimskidoodles said...

oh dear! you made me hungry.