Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Unexpected


Here is mother pictured at her Saturday night party at the rehab facility. You can tell she loved it. Then there were three others who look like her descendants loitering around the halls. They look like a cross between Patti and the Chipmunks. Of any of the family who could be in a rehab facility, we would not have guessed it would be mother.


 Father turned 88 the same day. We celebrated at Robin's on Sunday night.
Jeff and I had a last supper at the Pizza Factory before he moved to Texas. He has now reached his destination. The only thing I have found is a duracell battery in the grass and father's home health nurse found a tie tack that I happen to know is Stephen's. Hopefully that is all they left behind. He never planned to move before James left for his mission.
I finished the binding on my sampler quilt what with all the sitting time I've had with mother. It is a miracle the whole is finished.
 

2 comments:

aimee and aaron said...

a last supper indeed. but, only for now, right? i'm not sure who is more depressed about the move. you or me? a delightful picture of your mother. what a keeper.

apple slice said...

yes, a last supper for now. hopefully we will have a Thanksgiving feast in November. we can share small bouts of depression. overall, we are fine. however, i am headed to sg tomorrow and feeling the loss already.