Saturday, August 04, 2012

Summer Survey: Our Amy


As one of our own, Amy, our girl, chimes in like we love. Who cannot get enough?

1.     The best use for peanut butter: slathered on a banana.
2.     A great gift you would like to receive but no one has ever given you: a wedding ring.
3.     Fiction or non-fiction (and favorite title): Fiction. Where the Wild Things Are.
4.     A food everyone loves to eat but you think is overrated: Ham.
5.     Ideal temperature for sleeping: 70 with an ocean breeze coming from an open window.
6.     One thing you love about camping: Not spiders. Not sleeping on the ground. Not lack of a restroom. I guess I love nothing.
7.     One reason you do not camp more often: Refer to above.
8.     Favorite thing about nighttime: A book in bed and then sleep.
9.     Ideal music for a summer evening: Beethoven or show tunes.
10.  Your thoughts on s’mores: gimme s'more.
11.  Would you ever live in the South? Where in the South? I live in the South of California right now, so yes, I think.
12.  If you stole an art piece, which one would it be? The Bedroom by Vinnie Van Gogh.

3 comments:

Cherry Cordial said...

This was a fantastic post. So insightful. Ha.

apple slice said...

no yoke. she is a fascinating gal. i love her.

cindamarie said...

I know I was not asked, but I cannot help but chime in! The best use for peanut butter: in a peanut butter and jam sandwich. Only blackberry jam or strawberry jam need apply! 2. A great gift you would like to receive but no one has ever given you: Flowers delivered to me at work. 3. Fiction or non-fiction (and favorite title): Fiction, but with an element of truth: Imagining Argentina by Lawrence Thornton. NOT a happy story, but an important one to never forget. 4. A food everyone loves to eat but you think is overrated: fish 5. Ideal temperature for sleeping: I am thrilled if it gets under 100 degrees around here! 6. One thing you love about camping: Snuggling next to my husband inside of a Civil-War-Era canvas tent, atop our queensize air mattress that is on legs, with tons of blankets underneath us and on top of us to keep the cold from attacking us from below or above, listening to the night sounds of the other campers and whispering to each other. 7. One reason you do not camp more often: Not enough time. 8. Favorite thing about nighttime: My cat, Gilbert, who is always snuggled by my side. 9. Ideal music for a summer evening: The music on my mp3 player, which is mostly religious songs, show tunes, and a little classic rock. 10. Your thoughts on s’mores: I love them but I cook them the old fashioned way and refuse to spend money on the s'mores cooking applicance. 11. Would you ever live in the South? YES! My husband and I traveled all over the south the summer after we got married. (His family is from Alabama) I LOVED it! 12. If you stole an art piece, which one would it be? Well, I would never have room for it but I would LOVE to own "The Burghers of Calais", a sculpture by Rodin. The story behind that piece is so moving and inspiring to me!
Thanks for letting me "Play" too!