Thursday, December 28, 2006

Johnny Old Saint Nicholas

Maysen played this piano song as a duet with his father.

Three favorites from the red velvet man's visit.


A line of Lego magnets. My mother bought some a few years ago (at Legoland) and I admired them. Unfortunately they were not sold when I visited Legoland this year. However, Santa ordered them from Lego and put them in my stocking. They are quite visually perfect. I'm not sure I'll take them out of the box.


The three smalls. Placed in a frame I purchased last week for occasions such as this.


A French cherry red roasting pot. I have long dreamed of a suitable soup or piece of meat to inaugurate the use. I have not come up with anything yet but share the image as it is fine as a stand alone. I also enjoy Le Creuset in Dune. I would make a meat soup in it.

What were your favorites? And, do you embrace surprise?

4 comments:

Karen said...

2 Favorites: blue satin jammies and (a gift to myself...) new jeans from Coldwater Creek. Mid-rise, which on my short waisted frame land pretty close to the natural waist. I am offended by the whole low rise movement (not on the basis of propriety, but on the basis of short-waistedness) and can't wait for it to end.
I must get me some of those nifty Lego magnets! You scored, KTG!

apple slice said...

I embrace satin as well. There is nothing like a gift to oneself. It says, "I love me." This is a much needed virtue in society. Jeans are extremely valuable and when found, should be embraced. I respectfully congratulate you. You will enjoy them for years to come. I don't think I have cool jeans. Well, let's say I think they are cool but no one asks to borrow them.

Anonymous said...

What nice LEGO magnets.

I received many fine gifts. Such as a Polo khaki cap, Handel's Messiah (performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra), and a gift certificate to Amazon.com. I also got an addictive video game called LEGO Star Wars II. (Though it features many LEGO pieces, I have yet to find any magnets disguised as pieces in the game.)

I also received a large quantity of victuals, including Chessmen cookies, assorted boxes of candy, and a Ginger Family cookie collection. Between these, the truffles, hot chocolate, and a large tin of cookies, I would say that yes, I ate too much during the Christmas holidays.

At last we have finished cleaning up the house. Among the victims of the cleanup was my hand, owing to a large Christmas tree box and some large staples that someone had foolishly inserted through the lid. My hand has recovered, and looks none the worse for wear.

Oh, and now it's lunchtime; I shall need to be going.

apple slice said...

I initiated the red soup pot with curried vegetable stew. It was delicious. I will use it again tomorrow for white chicken chili.

I can vouch that Brian ate his share of Christmas treats. I had no problem with it; that's what they're for.

So glad you are healed from the tree box. A nasty experience.