Sunday, October 25, 2009

Blanket 1: Indian Red and Coral


Because one of my favorite objects is a blanket, here begins a record of my favorites. When we evacuated for the fires a year or so ago, I brought my blankets. This blanket is a happy one. Who would have thought coral and red could be a tandem? Not I. The blanket is also very soft. It is about a twin size comforter. I found it in Jaipur and paid $20. Beside the colors and the feel, I love the weight of it. Soft and light and just cozy enough but not too warm. I took this to the Ritchies on one of my overnights and it was perfect to roll up in. For this reason, I have imagined it rolled like a taquito and strapped to a donkey. I must be riding the animal myself as who else would have this blanket. I think it would look nice in a pitched white tent, à la Out of Africa. In a modern setting, I'd fold it at the base of a clean white linen coverlet.

1 comment:

aimee and aaron said...

oooh, i love it. especially the donkey scenario. reading about the taquito made me want mexican food.