Monday, October 26, 2009

Blanket 2: Wool and Satin


My great aunt Beth presented this blanket to me last year. She is originally from Brigham City and has many blankets from this area's woolen mills. Over the years she has redone the satin binding several times and it fits a full-size bed.

I used it last winter and felt a heated difference. People who are allergic to wool should fold their sheet over the top of it. I like the stripes and find the feminine coral a nice light color for a warmish blanket. It was a treasure in Beth's home; I love to look upon it. And a word on satin binding: simply adore it.

5 comments:

aimee and aaron said...

What is your aunt's last name? My grandma was born and raised in Brigham City and currently lives there.

apple slice said...

She is Beth Nelson Fry.

apple slice said...

She is also in her nineties, mind you a spry 90+ and hasn't lived in BC for probably 70 years. However, there is the chance . . . .

aimee and aaron said...

my gma is 90, soon to be 91, and grew up there, so there is a chance! i'll ask.

Amanda said...

Terry has begun collecting wool blankets.

I adore the satin trims as well.

We currently have a cranberry one on our bed for the season.

As I type, T and I are reading and loving your latest cookbook. The storytelling is divine. Especially love the pretzel/Jell-o, and the debate over corn vs. flour tortilla. How can one enjoy a flour tortilla after having corn?

I wonder.