Monday, July 25, 2011

Luncheon: A Summer Afternoon

A few weeks ago Marci and I revisited our tradition: luncheon. I have often enjoyed sitting at their table and remember the first thing I ate there. We have constructed a few excellent repasts and culled the treasures of the season to do so. This was no exception. Rick joined us and ate two bowls of soup. He embraced the sheep's milk feta.

Menu
Red Pepper Soup with Olives, Lemon Zest, and Yogurt
Shaved Fennel Salad
Maine Crabmeat and Marinated Citrus Fruit Salad with Mint
Hibiscus and Mint Lemonade

Each a winner in its own right. The offerings were natural, we ate and felt light. She led me past the Meyer lemons to the apricots where I picked a bagful. That week I made apricot curd to use in the trifle for Fourth of July. She made apricot ice cream.

No comments: