Friday, November 01, 2013

Swooning: A Joint Effort

We celebrated our first anniversary a few weekends ago. Time has flown and we've been together a million years. We started the weekend hiking at Mount Charleston. It was a very cold early morning and we brought the dog. She was dressed best for the day. I rummaged in my 72 hour kit and found some outerwear for us. We were both wearing shorts. Brunch was at the lodge in the outdoor patio (since we had the dog). All manner of breakfast foods and hot chocolate. The sun warmed us by 9 am.

We've been working together on this quilt for a while. He loves the scale and the colors. We made an effort to use solids. He loves solids. He likes it is interesting but not busy. A good description.

My birthday is Monday and he is giving me the quilting for my birthday. Quilted in swirls and some feathers by Quilted Works. This is his favorite quilt I've made. The back is a solid cream.

We are going to put it on our bed on Monday. It should stay for a while. Until something can usurp it. We'd better look around . . . . Linking to Finish It Up Friday!

9 comments:

Pinspot said...

How sweet! Most husbands just tolerate their wives hobbies. You two sound like a match made in heaven. :)

Beth said...

I like the solids & binding same color as the background. Just lovely.

Snowcatcher said...

That's a beautiful swoon. I love the tones and the country feel. The two of you do indeed sound like the perfect match.

Nicole said...

Happy anniversary!
Sounds like it was a collaborative quilt! And happy early birthday to you!

cindamarie said...

Happy Anniversary! I love that you said it's been a year but you've been together a million years. That is what true love is all about -- feeling like you can't remember when you didn't know one another. I wish you an eternity of feeling this happy!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

What a lovely quilt, and a lovelier story! I like your use of solids - I'm about to start mine and I was planning on using solids as well. Don't like the busy-ness of some I've seen.

You're a lucky lady!

Kris said...

Very lovely. I have to make one of these soon. :)

Lauren Deel said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the quilt!

Blue Moth said...

This is just beautiful. I would be very happy if I could make a swoon like this.