Monday, August 20, 2007

Bright Copper Kettles

I hope I am not an overly greedy person. It is always a joy to happen upon something you find perfect, appropriate, so well done. Following is a personal list of such treasure:

Book Title: The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Carson McCullers
Comforter: Fraulein Maria's dark gold satin in her bedroom most noticeably showcased in My Favorite Things. Had she used this for the children's play clothes, they would have plumped up.
Albacore Salad: Waters Fine Foods
Black Pants: Worn by Kenneth Branaugh in Hamlet
Floor: White marble worn smooth as water
Color: Ocean
Pre-dinner Tasting: Olives
Idea: the library
Art Form: the book cover

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow. I love reading your words.

apple slice said...

I've thought of one more. Favorite book character names: Richard Parker (Life of Pi) and Lavender Brown (HP).

Karen said...

table-top game: bumper pool. I've never played it with anyone else, and I'm not too sure I ever really understood it, but the concept is fabulous.

Unknown said...

ktg, how I love your memory.