Tuesday, September 04, 2007

You've Arrived



During college years and those that followed, we discussed what we would have or where we would be when we knew we had arrived (i.e., financial security, well-being, adulthood, etc. Unbeknownst to most of us, it would take a while and we are still in it). My friend S. would own multisized Zip-locs and foil and Saran Wrap. She would use them indiscriminately, not washing the used Zip-locs for later. At one point, she also said she would have an iPod.

I remember my focus was a deep freeze full of white packaged meats, casseroles, and ice cream and popsicles. Why these? A sense of well-being sometimes comes from having things at the ready. I am not an extreme carnivore but do eat numerous glacial desserts. I would also like good windows and fruit trees. I wanted to go to See's candy for a pound of selected chocolates to keep in the fridge and eat at will (not as a gift).

A garden is a world of well-being. This week my two gifted plumeria are blooming simultaneously. It makes me renew my quest for a bit of dirt to plant them in for years to come. For now, they grace the pool at the complex and gladden the eye. Potted.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Beautiful. Happy Autumn!