Monday, August 25, 2008

Repertoire

On the umpteenth thumb-through of Cooking for Mr. Latte, I was seized with need to jot down my repertoire. Did I have one? I think I can say there is a list of recipes I consider favorites and have made each at least two times, most of them more often. The repertoire is a work in progress. I would like to pare it and beg more time for this. Besides, who has a repertoire of cookies??

Almond Coconut Granola
Orange Yogurt (Barefoot Contessa)
Banana Bread (The Silver Palate)
Cheddar Rolls (my mum)

Old-Fashioned Italian-American Lasagna with Ricotta and Tomato Sauce (The Dean and DeLuca Cookbook)
Oven-Simmered Beef Brisket (Sunset)
Cheese Soufflé (Sunset)
Tomato Bisque (Carla A)

Roasted Carrots (Barefoot Contessa)
Carrot Salad (France)
Tuscan Fennel Salad (Rachel B)

Katherine Hepburn's Brownies (Gourmet and Laurie Colwin)
Cherries Glacés (my mum)
Raspberry-Lemon Trifle (Gourmet)
Spiced Hot Chocolate (anonymous magazine at the gym)

Cookies:
World Peace Cookies (Dorie Greenspan)
Orange Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate Chips (Gourmet)
Buckwheat Butter Cookies with Cocoa Nibs (Pure Dessert, Alice Medrich)
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies (Chocolate on the Brain, Kevin and Nancy Mills)

4 comments:

rachel with redshoes on said...

ooo,ooo, look I am famous. A heady experience. I am sad though. A complicated story. I ran out of my regular toothpaste and used some the dentist had freebee'd me. It was a whitening kind. Which turns out makes my teeth SUPER sensitive and when I tried to eat the fennel salad the acidity made my teeth ache. I couldn't finish it and it made me soo sad. I have ceased to use the offending paste and have been trying to repair the damage with floride treatments. It was so painful that I am a little gun shy to try eating it again to be honest. I hope to be able to eat the salad again someday.

apple slice said...

What a nightmare! It sounds like a serious threat to your dental hygiene. Once I got a pair of running shoes at the famous Nordstrom shoe department. The blokes sold me a pair that didn't fit large enough for running and after one use, I limped for several weeks and had foot problems. It was so strange to have such a violent effect after one use. I hope you have some fresh lemons when you are ready to try the salad again.

Krustee said...

this fall I would like to focus on not making things for dinner that I don't like to eat. You make uncommonly good cookies, I was pleased to be reminded of them. The World Peace cookies remain my all time favorite. I will try my hand at them this fall when it cools enough to use my oven again.

apple slice said...

The world peace cookies are without compare (thanks to pierre and dorie). they are very easy too. very.