Monday, August 25, 2008

Walla Walla Washington to Kalamazoo


Here is a list of places I would like to visit next (and have never been) in somewhat of an order:

1. The Grand Canyon
2. Denmark including the Karen Blixen Museum
3. Montréal for French everything
4. British Columbia (a trip I'd like to take with my brother) and trips to islands.
5. Maine coast to look east to Europa, find sea glass, and haunt the shore towns. I would wear beautiful foreign silk scarves on my head when standing in the fierce wind on the bluffs. I would take a beakerful of sand and label it for display in my home.
6. Charleston and Savannah for local color and dunes

5 comments:

selma suzanne said...

I would enjoy a trip to the Grand Canyon. I went there as a youngster and don't remember much more than having my picture taken too close to the edge and a lizard on a picnic bench. That hardly counts for a trip to the Grand Canyon. You should pack up you things and head out asap!

apple slice said...

The edge would be harrowing. I am not into heights. I would like to hike down in it and peer up the walls. That sounds fun. I would like to stay at least one night and breathe the desert air and maybe eat out of tin cans. Ideally, we would heat cocoa in a dented pail. This stems from reading the Betsy-Tacy series too much. They heated cocoa on their picnics over an open flame.

Krustee said...

there is a train ride that takes you into the grand canyon that leaves from somewhere near Prescott and has a staged train robbery with said robbers on horseback. Someday I hope to take a trip and travel primarily by rail.

apple slice said...

Gracious, that would give me a start. It should be taken with small boys in tow. :) I will bring Buddy and Maysen.

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.