Monday, January 19, 2009

Patchy Quilt

This is my third quilt. The first two were bed size—full and twin. This one is a baby blanket and is for Katya. She is a doll and a very good friend. This one has more pieces than the other two. It is machine quilted as you go. The squares are spray glued onto your grid. Then, you sew them down in long lines so that each square is sewed on all four sides. I liked the corners. Katya is having a girl and does not do bright colors or pink. The back is navy with Nantucket sand buckets. The front cream fabric with brown design is from Tanya's warehouse sale.
About four of the fabrics were used on my second quilt, one from my first. How scrappy. Katya had a super shower on Saturday. We ate yummy cupcakes with pink icing and sliced strawberries by her friend. Katya made Caprese sandwiches and chicken and arugula, all from the Contessa. There was more and it was as joy. I ended up basically eating one very large meal on Saturday. The quilt was made on two machines in two states with the aid of cornstarch since I sprayed glue all over the top fabric unwittingly, and during several showings of A Room With a View.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

I was just thinking today...now that I have a lot of free time...I could finally finish my quilt!!

Amanda said...

I am so impressed. Well done!

I have never made a quilt that fits on a bed. Good for you!

apple slice said...

Maybe I should show the other two, Amanda. You have encouraged me. The second one is quilted but needs binding. The first is on my bed. I should photo it. :)

selma suzanne said...

I was so impressive! I was just admiring it again last night. I think little no-name koteen is going to adore it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.