Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Round Table

Though the dangers of making a cake for oneself are manifold, the pros definitely outweighed the cons. So I did. Enter a Key lime and coconut one-layer, warm. The icing is just as I like it: a little liquid with powdered sugar. A glaze. There is something infinitely cunning about a one-layer cake because to me it is a personal dessert that is made for one sitting. Like a tea, or a morning visit. I would call the two layer classic, and the one layer homemade for you fun giggle oh here's your cloth napkin. I am still nibbling on my one-layer with a Red Mango spoon and will soon divide it in parts to parcel out to the unsuspecting. I prefaced the fresh cake with carne asada tacos. This surprised even me as I could easily be vegetarian. The rub is spiced and the finale in a cast iron skillet is nicely charred. I used 2 percent Fage yogurt and will now endorse that as well. And, drizzling lime juice from the cake was fortuitous. The warmed tortillas are steam and humidity. It was a well-rounded meal.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I would like to invite myself over to dinner at your house sometime.

It would delight my senses.