Thursday, March 11, 2010

Private View of a New Collection



A number of years ago, I planned a soiree. It was to be an Art Salon. Set off by the art show invitation in Oscar Wilde's An Ideal Husband, I set to work planning a small group of artistic friends who would create original art to be displayed against a backdrop of canapes and gougeres. The occasional man would sport an ascot. All men would wear jackets. The women in black and pearls or silk.

As this evening has not yet occurred, I have no doubt it will in future. Invitees will send the title, artist name, media, date of the art piece previous to the evening. A Q&A would ensue for all the artists.

Menu: nuts, olives, cheese plate, coconut chicken balls, and the gougeres.

I have doubt that the right people can make an evening.

3 comments:

rachel with redshoes on said...

You doubt that the right collection can make the evening? or you have no doubt? I think the goal is admirable. I will let you in on a secret. I think you already know the secret. It is all in the invitation. It sets the tone and expectation for the whole event. If the invitation is done correctly...ANYTHING can be accomplished.

apple slice said...

Alas! No doubt is truly was I meant. Haha. Invitation is what inspired me in the movie. Yes, and you were on the guest list.

aimskidoodles said...

oh...green eyed monster! I envy the chosen few....