Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cataloguing: Part 1

1My family receives a lot of mail, much of it catalogs. My mother orders from them. I think it is great fun looking at catalogs. I rarely order from them. So, when I visit the family, I browse the catalogs. I have been especially interested this month as it tis close to December and we are getting in the mood.

Today I came across a gift I can approve of, the personalized topographic jigsaw puzzle. There is also the satellite jigsaw which could be very beautiful, depending on your address. I like this gift for several reasons. The price is not outrageous. The gift is well, personalized. A potential heirloom. Of visual interest. It's a game. It's frameable. And, it could help you out of a scrape when you forget your address.

And while we're talking about games. There is the marshmallow shooter. Appeals to the toy and game aspect of Christmas gifts. The whimsy of Christmas past. For all ages and ideal for grown men. Again, the price is not outrageous. I am a big fan of the price not being outrageous.

Another useful treasure is the aluminum ice tray. Off-the-chart visual interest. Living as one's grandparents. The thwack of breaking ice. Freezing frozen metal. And, a set of two. This is a very tempting product friends.


For the high-ticket contingency, I found this nicely festive. Ideal frame for lovely tokens, one's own accroutrements. It would be such fun to arrange.

I guess this choice stems from loving fire and recently watching A Little Princess with the attic room candleabra. I love it. I envision a stark, dark dining room with a very grande candleabra.

No comments: