Monday, April 25, 2011

Le Creuset: A Many-Splendored Thing

Among my earthly treasures I count pots and pans, blankets/quilts, jewelry, and photographs. Today I showcase a piece (mine is slightly smaller) I had no intention of buying, ever. I am a devotee of Le Creuset, dreaming about enameled cast iron is no joking matter. The heft, the pull, the look, the fast lane. As I live near a Le Creuset outlet, my pieces have multiplied over the years. I now possess three pieces of enameled cast iron in Cherry Red, Dijon, and Dune respectively. My shopping days are over.

Before I acquired the Dune braiser, I happened on a sale. Stainless steel pots and pans at 50 percent off. I averted my gaze and asked the eternal internal question, "Who would buy this?" Thanks to a knowledgeable excitable sales associate, low price, and cute size, I did. I keep it safe in my closet where I invite it out to greet and service company. Just this weekend, I used it for at least two dishes. Previously, I have made stove top rice and melted sugar in its luxurious heavy base. I would buy more.

No comments: