Friday, August 02, 2013

Scout's Quilt



Scout was born two weeks and one day ago. I was guest at her arrival. She was pretty from the get-go. During gestation, Robin picked a charm pack and I made her a blanket.



Robin's colors are gray and yellow. I like there was some pink and orange in the lot. It's a cute line. I found a nice modern gray repeated floral for the back and was very happy to bind it in a solid. Lucky to find a matching solid for this family of fabric.



I didn't quite catch a few inches of quilt top in the binding so I applied a band-aid. Robin, luckily, approved of the band-aid. I tied it with a few strands of coral embroidery floss.



Robin took the blanket to the hospital and tucked her into it for the trip home the next day. I was honored.


As usual, I labelled it.



I'm linking to Finish It Up Friday!

7 comments:

Dorfymid said...

Beautiful baby and a beautiful Quilt...

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Oh that baby is ADORABLE and the quilt matches beautifully!

Ginger said...

Adorable baby! I love all her hair, she reminds me of Sophie when Sophie was a newborn.
Also LOVE that fabric. What line is it from?

cindamarie said...

The blanket is beautiful! I don't think I'd ever put gray and yellow together, but, with the other colors, it is a lovely combination! I meant to ask you how the birth went. It sounds like all went well, and I am glad!

apple slice said...

Ginger, the line is a modern one. I'm sure it's still in stores. I used to know what is was . . . I think there's a number in the title like "24" or something but I couldn't find it in a search. Sorry!! This is Robin's fifth baby!

apple slice said...

Ok, the line is 2WENTY-THR3E by Cosmo Cricket. :)

Cherry Cordial said...

Scout is a dream on the quilt. Luckily is the gal to have a handmade quilt by the great Apple Slice!