Friday, August 23, 2013

Wedding Quilt

The name of this quilt in the book is Liberty Fields because they used Liberty of London fabrics. Their version is one of my favorite quilts. Mark and I tried to replicate their colors but ours is amazingly different: lots of red and and turquoise. I don't know how that happens. The book is amazing. I also have the second Material Obsession book and it is also wonderful but I think I love the first one best. Here, Bodie contemplates the hanging quilt at our wedding luncheon. I love this picture because it shares some of the wonder of the day. And, I like to think people sensed something about the quilt.


 And how it was a miracle it came together in time. The pattern is "Advanced" and I don't know about you but I'm never certain I am advanced, or fluent. It is mostly pieced but the stems are embroidered and the leaves are applique. Luckily, the quilt went together better than imagined. It could have been so different.


The custom quilting was done by a lady in St. George and mother brought it down when she came early before the wedding. It was quickly bound and labeled. I sewed the sleeve into the binding which is my normal method. We put two stars on the back for both of us and our date.


  I love the look of a white quilt and so the back is white too.




It was so fun to make a quilt I had admired in the book for so long. To make it for our wedding was icing on the wedding cake (which we didn't have . . . ).


I have to urge you again to get the quilt book for hours of delight. We have this quilt on our guest bed since it is a queen size (but fits the full size bed perfectly). I admit to liking it better flat. So, one of thsee days I'd love to put it on the wall instead. I'm linking to Finish it Up Friday.


4 comments:

Beth said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I too have a wedding quilt I am giving this week. I am sure it will be cherished!

What Comes Next? said...

gorgeous - and will be full of such great memories1

Dorfymid said...

Your quilt is absolutely lovely. Congratulations...

Celtic Thistle said...

Fabulous quilt, congratulations on both the quilt and your wedding.