Sunday, May 01, 2011

Chocolat, A Lot

A week to the day of the last dinner party, here comes another. This, less formal, more giggly, chocolate inebriation. Four of us indulged in Belgian goodness thanks to Andrea's most recent trip. Cami became intoxicated first. Followed by me. Kristen could hold her liquor and went most of the distance. Andrea presented her wares with realistic glamour, finesse, wit, and verve. I told her she could do this professionally.


We sampled chocolates from Milka to Mary. I am a low-brow chocolate girl, loving milk chocolate and avoiding the unsweet darks that give me a headache. They ate me under the table. I happily polished off the remaining squares of Milka and declined most of the dark. Mary is listed in 1,000 Places to See Before You Die. Check.
We started with Italian drip beef, veggies and hummus, fresh perfect pineapple, and creamy roasted jalapeno salsa that I made very hot. Then our chocolate course and after rest and wailing, strawberry ricotta cake.



Topics of conversation included camping, Argentina, the French, waffles, Young Women, fireworks, diving, scuba, the monkey dance, opera, Italy, The Last Supper, dating, praying, marrying people off to who-cares-what male, canals, the Christmas markets, melted chocolate, Rick Steves, ricotta, Mary See, and mayonnaise.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm with you on milk chocolate. I don't see it as low-brow; those who live life to the fullest always go for the richest indulgences! Give me a Cadbury Dairy Milk any day. My teeth are aching just thinking about it.