Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fabric Fancy

We met at Quilted Works on Monday after school. She loves fabric. So do I. I arrived early to do my own little shopping. I suggested we canvas the store, remembering favorite bolts. She agreed. Soon she began choosing bolts: swirls, cherries, dots, and many flowers. I proved a sounding board but insisted she make the decisions. I told my reaction to the feel of her fabrics and seasonal intent. After weeding through, she decided on a modern kelly green and hot pink graphic floral. On the way to the register, she asked how I liked this aqua green yellow floral. I said I did. We consulted with the cashier and the girl chose this bolt. We returned home and following this pattern, sewed, ironed, threaded elastic, and went to buy satin ribbon. I sewed the ribbon on late last night and we delivered the skirt after school. She unveiled to her mother.

No comments: