Monday, March 28, 2011

15 Questions by Guest Aimee

Aimee is a collector of juice glasses. She is super into kitchen wares. Her blog is a pleasant composition of passions, books, the odd image, and the latest craze. This girl is extremely together. She is extremely passionate, even in everyday speech. I like this because she is also a calm person. I love her. I was pleased to read her love of The Golden Girls. Another Amy and I often speak of the Golden Girls and they are family. Aimee works with animals and is in every way, a purist.

I would like an airline ticket to: fiji, please. now, please.
If I wasn't born in the U.S., I would have chosen to be born in: selfishly? yosemite. and i would have hid in the trees so i never had to leave. i want to die there. unselfishly? canada, so i could know how my husband feels when usa-ers mock him.
Favorite shower product: magical soap that makes it so i never have to shave. huh? what's that you say? it can't be make believe? oh, well, then i say my pureology shampoo and conditioner. oooh, or my washcloth. nothing beats freshly exfoliated skin. 
The perfect girl-gift for visiting: any homemade edible that shows they know me.
Describe a time you felt like Babette from Babette's Feast: any time i cook at my grandma's. being the baby of the family, i think there is always a concern i'll burn toast. presenting a dish and nervously watching others consume it is a harrowing experience. i had to imbd that reference.
I would spend any amount of money for: helping a family member in trouble.
I'm always looking for: new ways to style my hair so it seems like i know what i'm doing. and new sneaky ways to get my husband to eat veggies.
Favorite childhood movie: my parents say it was the wizard of oz. apparently i wore out the tape.
Favorite childhood gift: not sure if i have one, but i clearly recall my african-american cabbage patch doll. she had a blue and white dress and i loved styling her braids. i know. i'm so odd.
Worst thing to have lost while in my care: nothing comes to mind.
A place I would like to break into: a cafo (concentrated animal feeding operations) of chickens, you know, those really big sheds, and let the chickens run free. i'm quite aware that would bring up a host of other problems (like the fact that they're not equipped to live on their own in their present state), but i still would enjoy it with my free willy mentality.
A book that made me glad to be alive: a memoir by a holocaust survivor.
Something you didn't buy, but really wish you had: stock in google's IPO.
People would be surprised to know: once you reach the inner sanctum, i'm quite a sensitive person.
I should buy more: white shirts. i never have enough.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

This is Aimee's sister...we have the cabbage patch doll here. We're holding it ransom.

apple slice said...

awesome! my sister's cabbage patch was a boy who she named Michael Landirts. Yes, landirts, not landon.

Marieg said...

Aimee's mom here... she did wear out the Oz tape but at about 20 mins. in, that seemed to be her limit. I knew making her cook while growing up would pay off. She does love the kitchen and it's fancy wares!

apple slice said...

i love the family comments! fancy wares indeed! and 20 minutes of oz. she is quite a gal. :) this is very exciting.