Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fifteen Questions

The next few days will see first-time guest bloggers to popcorn and apples! These are tried and true friends who have lots to say and love to say it. It will keep you coming back for more . . .  I am trying my questions first on myself. A human guinea pig in full regalia.

I would like an airline ticket to: somewhere I've never heard of, or Vietnam.
If I wasn't born in the U.S., I would have chosen to be born in: an oceanliner, baby without borders.
Favorite shower product: shampoo for versatility. If I could only choose one, this would be it for cleaning hair and body.
The perfect girl-gift for visiting: a new dishtowel. My visiting teacher has now twice brought me a new dishtowel and I think about her every time I use them. Plus, they are new, not stained. Bonus two. This is huge for me because I am inately predisposed to eschew a calling gift.
Describe a time you felt like Babette from Babette's Feast: Last week at our Relief Society soup night as I handed my niece a plate of mustard batons to pass to the group and watched the glorious helpers in motion as I oversaw the kitchen. We made three soups, a bread, and a dessert.
I would spend any amount of money for: food.
I'm always looking for: Superglue. I break an inordinate number of kitchen things.
Favorite childhood movie: Oliver! Let's face it, it has it all.
Favorite childhood gift: personalized stationery.
Worse thing to have lost while in my care: my grandmother's large sewing and pinking shears.
A place I would like to break into: a chocolate factory or Pepperidge Farms so I could make my own cookie selection box.
A book that made me glad to be alive: An American Childhood by Annie Dillard.
Something you didn't buy, but really wish you had: An incomparable Hermes scarf on ebay about 8 years ago. I can't help but hope it will be in heaven, if I make it there.
People would be surprised to know: I don't eat 95 percent of purchased bakery goods. Re: cookies, I like homemade the best.
I should buy more: chicken broth, sandals, and workout bottoms.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love that you loved stationery. I actually always think of you when I shop for it- I remember admiring all of the cute paper you used to use, and I think you inspired me much in this area back then! I will gift myself a new dish towel today. :)

apple slice said...

cool. :) my grandpa gave me personalized stationery and stickers, a sealing wax press, and wax. I also had a stamp with my name on it. Personalization was huge.