Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Garden Before


In the last month, I've spent many 5 o'clock hours admiring the garden in the late afternoon. The sun sheds and makes the world golden. Though I have no evidence, I imagine the plants take the most from the world during this hour, because they are so beautiful. Scout is coming next week to pick up my three largest plants: a jade and two crowns-of-thorns. I am glad she will shed the pots and plant in dirt in her yard. I am on a mission for a sparer garden, emphasizing the view and more white space.

My neighbors are from Holland and Jet has a great flair. I love her small garden too. They travel light because they are only here for a few years. This is her garden.

Sometimes I walk outside and it is a still life. Like today. Her white bowl. Her succulent plant is on my top faves list of plants right now. I can't wait to improve the garden.

No comments: