Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fifteen Questions by Guest KTG

KTG is a Pasadena native, growing up on a shady tree-lined street in a Spanish home. The quintessential Californian. She and I were friends from day one (I actually don't remember that day) and to this day. Read of our reunion here. Her family took me to see Gandhi and Chariots of Fire as a youth. They are brave. We were baptized the same day and left for missions together. She to Japan. KTG married Scott after meeting in a Japanese class at the U of U. They are parents to six children. Don't leave her blog without reading of the birth of her sixth, Bobby.

I would like an airline ticket to: Okinawa, Japan.
If I wasn't born in the U.S., I would have chosen to be born in: Lark Rise or Candleford.
Favorite shower product: Lever 2000, but just found out it is carcinogenic, so switching. :(
The perfect girl-gift for visiting: Chocolate.
Describe a time you felt like Babette from Babette's Feast: Still haven't seen! Did she ever feel stupid for not relating to a famous cinematic reference?
I would spend any amount of money for: protecting my children.
I'm always looking for: pacifiers.
Favorite childhood movie: Grease.
Favorite childhood gift: Lego.
Worse thing to have lost while in my care: my daughter's bracelet, a memorial of her sister.
A place I would like to break into: the tomb of Shi Huangdi, the first emperor of China. 
A book that made me glad to be alive: all of Amy Tan's books.
Something you didn't buy, but really wish you had: an extra copy of the CD "Tartan Tops." Only found at a gift shop in Gretna Green, Scotland, and unavailable for online purchase. :(
People would be surprised to know: I don't think I surprise anyone. They already know I'm weird.
I should buy more: socks.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I need to buy more socks? I am the most boring person ever! Thank you for the beautiful intro. As you can see, I've started using only the "K" in my user name for convenience in posting elsewhere, but I still consider myself, as you, TG. I love you much, shatzi!

apple slice said...

you more than made up for socks with the numerous asian references and Gretna Green(e). socks are very important to our well-being and most socks should be replaced more often than they are. i applauded this answer, truth be told.